When emotions run high, making the right decisions for you and your loved ones can prove very difficult.
Rubin Lewis O’Brien offer strong, knowledgeable and compassionate legal support and backing when you and your family need it most.
If authorities become concerned about the safety or wellbeing of a child, the local authority may start a process known as ‘care proceedings’.
They may also make a care order for the child which means that the local authority will have responsibility for the child, making decisions about their welfare – such as where they live and who cares for them.
For families involved in care proceedings, it can be a confusing and stressful time – particularly if you don’t agree with the decisions that the authorities are making.
If you are the parent or relative of a child who has been taken into care, you’ll naturally want to be sure that they are being well looked after.
- You may wish to challenge certain decisions that are being made about the child’s welfare
- You may want to make arrangements to have more contact with the child.
We work hard to take help you understand what is happening – removing much of the uncertainty.
Whatever situation you are facing, we’re here to provide the support you need. We can help you understand the decisions made by the local authority or by the court and we can explain what rights you and the child have.
- If your child is taken into care, we can help you understand what will happen next.
- We’ll explain how your child will be cared for and let you know what rights you and your child have.
- We offer specialist advice as a member of the Law Society Children Panel and so we also represent Children’s Guardians and, where appropriate, from a child direct.
- We help families through the care proceedings process.
- We also advise extended family members, foster carers and potential adopters.
Our experienced family law solicitors will explain what’s happening at every step of the way, in simple terms that are easy to understand.
We can also accompany you to meetings and provide the support you need if the case goes to court.
If you are a child in care, or were previously in care and wish to make a complaint about the treatment you received, we can help you too.
Our knowledgeable and approachable family law solicitors will put you at ease whilst explaining what options are available to you.
If you would like to talk about your own particular situation, please call us on 01633 867000 or 01633 869191.
With our free first advice promise, it’s easy to get answers to your immediate questions, without obligation.
“Thank you so much Angharad, I know sometimes I don't show it but I really do appreciate all you do to represent me! I don't know how to put it in posh words but basically you are a legend!! No one has EVER fought for me like you and fair play you do your job very well!! Finding you to represent me was the best decision I ever made and honestly you don't know how thankful I am to you and XX for representing me today.”