Upgrade to ChromeUpgrade to FirefoxUpgrade to Internet ExplorerUpgrade to Safari

Housing Claims

If you are a tenant and your property is in disrepair you can ask your landlord to pay compensation if you have suffered damage to your health or belongings.

You can begin any action for a housing claim compensation during the tenancy or up to six years after it finishes.  If you begin your claim during the tenancy you can also ask the Court to order the landlord to do repair works.  You must report any repair problem to the landlord during the tenancy. We can support you through the process of making housing claims.

You can claim compensation if the repair problems in your home made you or someone in the house ill, damaged your belongings or caused you inconvenience.

You can also claim a reduction or refund of rent.

At Rubin Lewis O’Brien we can guide you through the housing claim process to a successful conclusion.

For friendly, clear and above all practical advice call our team on 01633 867000 or visit: meet the team to read some of their client reviews.

The content of this article is intended for general information purposes only and is accurate as at the date of publication.

The article shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice.

We accept no responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of the content.




Client Feedback

“It was a pleasure having Patrick as my solicitor, he was very professional and put me at ease throughout the process. He was easy to contact and always had time for me, I felt he had my interests at heart. I would recommend anyone wanting to pursue a claim to use Patrick. ”


Direct lawyer contact

All clients are assigned a fully-qualified lawyer who is your main point of contact.

Free First Consultation

We do not charge for an initial consultation

No hidden costs

All fees are communicated upfront. We seek approval if any additional costs arise.